Anyone interested in participating in an “around the world” progressive quilt?
I’m just in the pondering stage of this… I was thinking it would be fun to have a quilt that is made by quilters all around the world. Here are my thoughts so far:
- At least two quilters from each continent will participate
- Each quilter will add a border to the quilt, thus making this a medallion quilt
- The theme of the quilt will be “Women Around The World”
- The quilt will have a journal that will travel with it. Each quilter will add something to the journal… their thoughts, information about their area, what they added to the quilt and why, etc.
- Each quilter is responsible for mailing the quilt and journal to the next person on the list.
- Progress on the quilt will be kept by each quilter and posted to a special blog that will be set up to track the making of the quilt.
- When completed, the quilt will be exhibited and then either raffled off (with proceeds donated) or the quilt would be donated to a worthy organization. Perhaps a quilt museum?
In order for this to work, I need quilters from EVERY continent to respond with their interest and ideas.
Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below, and if you would like to participate, send me an email with your full mailing address.
Please include the continent you are from in your response!