I’ve been a blogger for roughly 8 years now, and have had several different blogs in different formats. Each blog had a different purpose. As a blogger, I spend quite a bit of time surfing other blogs to see “what’s up” in the blogging world. A great blog and post I stumbled across today may be found here.
Whether you are a new blogger or experienced, I think it might be a good one for you to take a look at. The blog is called “Beginner Blogger
.” It has great ideas and tips for any blogger, actually, not just beginners. Take a look!
The blog post I read this morning is an interview with blogger Derek Jensen
. The questions and responses in the article stimulated me creatively, and made me wonder what responses quilt bloggers might give if asked those same – or similar questions. Take a peek at his responses found here
and then the questions below. I’d love to read your responses in the comments section, below! What a great way to begin the New Year!
- Is there anyone in the quilting/blogging world that you try and model yourself on?
- How well has your blog done, stats-wise? (You can share any latest stats you have gathered… number of followers, number of hits, etc.)
- What are your main strategies or goals for your blog?
- How do you promote your blog?
- Do you make money from your blog? (Sales, advertising, Google adwords, etc.)
- If you could start your blog all over again, what 3 things would you do differently?
- What are your 2010 plans for your blog?
- What are your 2010 plans for you as an artist/quilter?
- What one thing would you suggest to a beginning quilter?
- What do you think will be the number one color this year? (Just a fun question…)
As you ponder these questions, please post your responses by clicking on the comment area, below.