Inside every forum there is at least one NUTCASE. I don’t think I’ve ever been a part of any forum that didn’t have one person who either
- thought they were the only expert in the world
- served as Gestapo and policed the site with vigor
- threw around snotty comments directed at other people
- argued with everything that was said
Yesterday was such a day for me, and I’ll not likely be back to visit that forum, which is a shame… lots of nice people there.
Should you decide to join a forum, make sure you:
- –Read all the rules that the OWNER of the forum has created (remember, someone owns the forum), and decide if you can live with them
- –Be a lurker at the forum for awhile before you decide to post anything. Get a feel for the people.
–Decide if you want to use your REAL name or make one up; this is important!
–Also decide if you want to provide a link to your website or blog. Remember the NUTCASE that lurks in every forum. He or she will treat your website/blog the same way he/she treats the forum (remember your blog may allow people to leave comments!).